How to Safely Spray Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide
Your home is cozy, warm and safe during the winter and unwanted creepy, crawly things think so too! Spiders, cockroaches, ants, mites and other pests are not only a nuisance, but they carry disease that can make you and your family sick. Along with sealing holes, cracks and doors, you can use an insecticide to keep unwanted insects out of your home.
Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide protects your home and surroundings. As the name suggests, it can be applied both inside and outside, even in the kitchen. Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide offers residual control which means it keeps working long after the spray has dried.
- Prep the area. First, start by covering all food processing surfaces and utensils or thoroughly wash before use. Exposed food should be covered or removed.
- Take precautions. For it to be most effective, Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide should always be used according to the package directions. Precautions should be taken including wearing protective gear like long-sleeved shirts long pants, socks, shoes and chemical-resistant gloves.
- Spray using the correct method. Never use Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide as a broadcast spray indoors. Apply as a crack and crevice spray, pinstream, spot, coarse, low-pressure spray or with a paintbrush. Apply to areas where pests hide, paying attention to cracks and crevices, baseboards, corners, storage areas, closets, around water pipes, doors, and windows, in attics and eaves, behind and under refrigerators, cabinets, sinks, furnaces, stoves under shelves and in drawers.
- Target specific insects. Controlling pests will be easier and more effective if you know which ones you’re spraying to eliminate.
For Cockroaches, Crickets, Firebrats, Scorpions, Silverfish, Spiders and Ticks: Apply as a coarse, low-pressure spray to areas where these pests hide.
For Ants: Apply to trails, around doors and windows and other places where ants may be found.
For Bees and Wasps: Apply to nests late in the evening when insects are at rest. Thoroughly spray nest as well as its entrance and surrounding areas where insects alight.
For Boxelder Bugs, Centipedes, Earwigs, Beetles, Millipedes, Pillbugs and Sowbugs: Apply around doors and windows and other places where these pests may be found or where they may enter premises. Also, spray baseboards and storage areas.
- Mix correctly for indoor use. Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide mixes readily with water. Most applications take a dilution of .5 to 1 oz. of concentrate per gallon of water.
- Be safe! Only use Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide in well-ventilated areas. When treating overhead areas, cover the surfaces below with plastic sheeting. Avoid contact of spray solution with food, foodstuffs, food contacting surfaces, food utensils or water supplies. If contacted by spray solution of this product, thoroughly wash dishes and food handling utensils with soap and water. During indoor surface applications, prevent run-off or dripping of product. Allow surfaces to dry before people and pets touch treated surfaces.
Keep your home insect-free this winter. Find out where to buy Compare-N-Save Indoor/Outdoor Insecticide here.